ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Build on remote machine.
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:14:07 GMT
Yona Eilat wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to write ant file that will run Build on NT remote machine.
> I have doubts regarding the way to implement it.
> I would like enabling the option to run it from any local PC (of my team
> members) or to run it from the remote machine in itself.
> The build should to execute commands from the remote during the process.
> I'll be happy to get an ideas or recommendation about the way to
> implement it.
> I thought to map drive (as part of the build) to the remote machine and
> run it from there.
> The problem is that once I'll run it from the remote machine, there
> isn't required to map external drive for that machine...
> If I run the build from my PC, does it use my resources or the remote
> resources?

your resources. you have only mapped the drive, not logged in. Note also
if your clock is different from other people's clocks, the depencencies
get screwed up.

> Moreover, how can I write code to enable for only 1 user to run build
> for specific version?

dont try and set up ant to do this. It can be done, but it is pretty

Set up one of the continuation tools to do the build on the remote box

  -anthill pro
  -luntbuild pro

Steve Loughran
Author: Ant in Action