ant-user mailing list archives

From Gilbert Rebhan <...@schillbaer.de>
Subject Re: Passing property from subproject back to parent project
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2007 09:33:54 GMT

Hi,

David Weintraub wrote:
> Simple answer: No.

Not with Ant Core but with antcontrib <antfetch> task

> More complex answer: You could create a file using echo tasks that
> would write a *.properties file that would then be read in by the
> calling build script. Very intelligent, but I think this would be the
> only way of doing it.
>
> On 10/12/07, info-rico@gmx.net <info-rico@gmx.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I use ANT to build a number of subprojects all controlled from one master parent
ANT build file. I use the <ant antfile="subproject1/build.xml" target="test"/> task
to call various targets in subprojects.

>> In the subproject-targets I set properties, but they are not available in the parent
project. The manual for the "ant" task says that a new project is created for each ant call,
so I assume that's why the properties are not set in the parent project.

>> Here my question:
>>
>> Is there a way how I can access properties set in a subproject in the parent project?
>>
>> Here is one use case:
>>
>> In subprojects I use the junit failureproperty option to indicate a test failure,
I don't fail the build on a test failure, because I want to run tests for all subprojects
and generate reports, etc. In my parent project I want to check for these properties and generate
an HTML summary page with links to the detailed results.

>> Any advice is appreciated.

nearly the same question has been asked lately, see =

http://marc.info/?l=ant-user&m=119147700912116&w=2

Regards, Gilbert