ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to move invalid XML files to another folder
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:24:46 GMT
Mario Madunic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the following to validate thousands of XML files and want to move off
> any that are invalid to another folder for further parsing or update XSLT.
>
> <schemavalidate noNamespaceFile="../articleObject.xsd" failonerror="false">
>   <fileset dir="${l_Drive}XML/finished" includes="Article-*.xml"/>
> </schemavalidate>
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Marijan (Mario) Madunic

There's nothing like that, I'm afraid. The use case was "make sure all
the XML in a project is valid, halt if one fails".

I'm trying to think how you'd do it other ways. You could always write a
new resource <validxml> and <invalidxml> that would combine a fileset
with the validation, but you'd get deep in to ant coding that way

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/