ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gilbert.Reb...@huk-coburg.de>
Subject RE: Newbie Question About Wrapping A Python Script
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:06:45 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: tom.x.purl@jpmchase.com [mailto:tom.x.purl@jpmchase.com]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 3:25 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Newbie Question About Wrapping A Python Script

/*

I would like to use Ant to "orchestrate" a process that includes
converting documents written in a markup language (restructured text)
to html.  Here are my requirements:

1. I would like to convert all of the documents in a particular folder
from rst to html.

2. I would only like ant to convert the rst documents if they have
changed since the last time they were converted to html.

If the convert were written in Java, then I'm sure this process would be
pretty straightforward; create a custom Ant task that wraps your
conversion script.  However, the script that converts rst to html
(rst2html.py) is written in Python.

So, in the end, what's the smartest way to do what I want to do?

*/

Maybe you can simply run your Python script via <script> task and
Jython, there's a new version = Jython 2.2.1 from 14th October 2007

see =
http://jython.sourceforge.net/Project/index.html

Regards, Gilbert