ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Capturing Ant output in a way similar to Unix pipes
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 16:33:36 GMT
On 10/2/07, Holger Rauch <holger.rauch@heitec.de> wrote:
> Is it possible to use the output of one Ant task as the input of another Ant
> task (some sort of piping mechanism as it exists in Unix) without the usage
> of intermediate temporary files? If so, how can this be done?

> Is it possible to access the standard file descriptors for
> stdin (0), stdout (1), and stderr (2) directly from within Ant? If so, how?

Some tasks support redirection of output via <redirector>, but I
believe that it's only <exec> and <java>, i.e. tasks using Execute
internally. This may be what you were looking for.

But I am not sure you can "pipe" things though, and that's certainly
not something you can do generically with any task in Ant. --DD