ant-user mailing list archives

From info-r...@gmx.net
Subject Passing property from subproject back to parent project
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:16:48 GMT
Hi,

I use ANT to build a number of subprojects all controlled from one master parent ANT build
file. I use the <ant antfile="subproject1/build.xml" target="test"/> task to call various
targets in subprojects.

In the subproject-targets I set properties, but they are not available in the parent project.
The manual for the "ant" task says that a new project is created for each ant call, so I assume
that's why the properties are not set in the parent project.

Here my question:

Is there a way how I can access properties set in a subproject in the parent project?

Here is one use case:

In subprojects I use the junit failureproperty option to indicate a test failure, I don't
fail the build on a test failure, because I want to run tests for all subprojects and generate
reports, etc. In my parent project I want to check for these properties and generate an HTML
summary page with links to the detailed results.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rico