ant-user mailing list archives

From Saladin Sharif <al_zaw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to get the count of the number of lines in a file using ANT
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 00:32:14 GMT
>oh you are looking to do something like :
>cat log.txt | grep "a string" | wc -l
>
><loadfile srcfile="${output}" property="contains.errors">
>        <filterchain>
>              <linecontains>
>                  <contains value="${lookingFor}"/>
>            </linecontains>
>      </filterchain>
></loadfile>
><echo file="${basedir}/temp.txt" message="${contains.errors}"/>

The problem with this code snippet is that if there are no occurances of ${lookingFor} in
the file ${output}, then instead of an empty file being written out to ${basedir}/temp.txt,
instead the literal string "${contains.errors}" gets written out to that file.  That's because
the property contains.errors has not been set.

An even better approach would be to use the copy command, like so:

<copy file="${output}" tofile="${basedir}/temp.txt">
    <filterchain>
        <linecontains>
            <contains value="differ}"/>
        </linecontains>
    </filterchain>
</copy>

This way if there are no occurances of ${lookingFor} in file ${output}, then an empty file
gets written out to ${basedir}/temp.txt
-Saladin

* Saladin Sharif
* e-mail: al_zawiah@yahoo.com