ant-user mailing list archives

From Knuplesch, Jürgen <Juergen.Knuple...@icongmbh.de>
Subject AW: Creating Patch builds
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:47:46 GMT
Hello,

We use to solve this by creating a jar file out of the old build and put it in the classpath,
so that you are able to translate the new files.

The problem occurs when the changes of the new files leads to changes in the .class files
of files where teh .java code did not change.

But for test purposes this is ok.

--
Jürgen Knuplesch                    www.icongmbh.de
icon Systemhaus GmbH                Tel. +49 711 806098-275
Sophienstraße 40
D-70178 Stuttgart                   Fax. +49 711 806098-299

Geschäftsführer: Uwe Seltmann
HRB Stuttgart 17655
USt-IdNr.: DE 811944121
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rishi Gogia [mailto:rishi_gogia@hotmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2007 12:41
An: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: Creating Patch builds

Hi

I am using SVN as a repository and Weblogic Integration as my application server. I have more
than 10 programmers working on the same project. I wanted to know if I want to do a patch
build, how would I be able to do it?

By Patch build I mean compiling only those files which are changed. I was able to get the
files from the revision. But since the complete build takes more than 20 minutes, I need to
build only the changed files and put them in their corresponding location in the ear.

The files which are changed can be java files as well as WSDL, Processes etc. these need to
be compiled and the class file needs to be put in the ear.

Please suggest me a way how to do this.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Rishi