ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rainer Noack" <rai...@noacks.net>
Subject AW: Can we load task into Ant Core classloader
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:52:54 GMT
You can found that task at:

http://enitsys.sourceforge.net/ant-classloadertask/

cheers

Rainer Noack

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Steve Loughran [mailto:stevel@apache.org]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 11. Oktober 2007 13:41
An: Ant Users List
Betreff: Re: Can we load task into Ant Core classloader

Vishal Vishnoi wrote:
> I would like to use loadref attribute of taskdef to load a given task
> into Ant's Core classloader. Is this possible? I've gone through Ant's
> manual and also some Google search results, but none of them talk about
> any predefined loadref for Ant's core loader.

the loadref is there not to patch things into an existing classloader,
but to let you load tasks and types in the same classloader

patching the running classloader is possible, but not encouraged,
because you can do bad things to a running IDE.

How to do that? I think someone posted a task to the developer mailing
list a few months back...

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/