Thanks for the solution, I may look at doing this in a custom task to avoid the BSF dependency but this should work one way or another.

-Eric

Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
There is no task for that, but a core function in Ant's FileUtils which can be used

<project>

    <scriptdef name="relpath" language="javascript">
        <attribute name="property"/>
        <attribute name="base"/>
        <attribute name="file"/>
        <![CDATA[
            importClass(Packages.org.apache.tools.ant.util.FileUtils);
            importClass(Packages.java.io.File);
            propName = attributes.get("property");
            baseFile = attributes.get("base");
            file     = attributes.get("file");
            relPath  = FileUtils.getRelativePath(new File(baseFile), new File(file) );
            project.setNewProperty(propName, relPath);
        ]]>
    </scriptdef>

    <target name="clean">
        <delete dir="x"/>
    </target>
    <target name="prepare">
        <mkdir dir="x/a/b/c/d/e/f/g"/>
        <echo file="x/a/b/c/d/e/f/g/file.txt" message="test"/>
    </target>
    <target name="test">
        <relpath property="rel" base="x/a/b" file="x/a/b/c/d/e/f/g/file.txt"/>
        <echo>
            File: x/a/b/c/d/e/f/g/file.txt
            Base: x/a/b
            rel : ${rel}