ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need to compile VB project
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2007 17:05:23 GMT
Ant isn't really built for compiling VB6 projects. Its main purpose is
for compiling Java code and projects. As far as I know, there is no
compile Visual Basic script based tasks in Ant. The way to do that is
to call the "exec" task to call your compilation script.

You might want to look at Nant which is the .NET version of Ant. This
version of Ant is specially built to build Microsoft specific projects
and includes tasks for compiling VisualStudio projects written in C#,
C++, and Visual Basic.

See <http://nant.sourceforge.net/> for more information.

On 9/30/07, Sayed, Irfan (Irfan) <isayed@avaya.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I need to write Ant build script which will compile the VB6 project.
> Currently the build script is in batch file I need to convert it into the
> Ant script. Please find the attached batch script.
>  Can somebody please help me out in writing the same.
>
> I will  be Regards
> Irfan.

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com