ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject <macrodef> What if an element isn't defined in a fileset?
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:45:50 GMT
I am using the <macrodef> task to define a macro that will help
standardize our building tasks. This is suppose to work better than
<antcall>, and I find some features very nice. However, I have a
question:

I have something like this:

<macrodef name=build.module>
    <attribute name="module"/>
    <attribute jarname="@{module}.jar>
    <element name="configfiles" optional="true"/>
    <sequential>

        <copy todir="${config.dir}">
            <fileset dir="${basedir}/@{module}">
                <configfiles/>
            </fileset>
        </copy>
    <sequential>
</macrodef>

This works fine as long as <configfiles/> is defined by the calling routine:

<build.module
    module="foo">
    <configfiles>
        <include name="config/**"/>
    </configfiles>
</build.module>

However, if the user doesn't define <configfiles/>, all files are
copied over which is what I don't want. How can I prevent this from
happening? Is there a way to see if <configfiles/> is defined?
--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com