ant-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant uptodate?
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:45:06 GMT
with current ant it is difficult to do exactly what you want,
I normally do the following:
Pick a file that Sablecc allways changes when it
is run - ${targetdir}/lexer/Lex.java for example.
Use ant-contrib's outofdate task.
<ac:outofdate>
   <sourcefiles path="${grammer.file}"/>
   <targetfiles   path="${targetdir}/lexer/Lex.java"/>
   <sequential>
      <sablecc grammer="${grammer.file}" targetdir="${targetdir}"/>
   </sequential>
</ac:outofdate>

Ant 1.7.1 is adding in a "erroronmissingdir" attribute to filesets, this
means that one can do:

<ac:outofdate>
   <sourcefiles path="${grammer.file}"/>
   <targetfiles>
        <path path="${targetdir}"/>
        <fileset dir=${targetdir}" erroronmissingdir="false"
includes="**/*.java"/>
   </targetfiles>
   <sequential>
      <sablecc  grammer="${grammer.file}" targetdir="${targetdir}"/>
   </sequential>
</ac:outofdate>

which is more what you want.
Peter