ant-user mailing list archives

From "Madunic, Marijan \(RBI-US\)" <>
Subject RE: newbie help: conditional exec
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 23:29:21 GMT

Thank you. I'll give it a try later when I have a moment. Where can I
download antContrib?

Marijan (Mario) Madunic

-----Original Message-----
From: David Weintraub []
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:20 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: newbie help: conditional exec

Two steps:

1). After your test, do an <antcall> to call a new target
2). Us an "if" parameter in that target: For example:

<available file="CVS\cvsArt.xml" property="artAvailable"/>
<antcall target=""/>

<target name=" if="artAvailable">

The other solution is to use the antContrib tasks which includes an <if>

   <available file="CVS/cvsArt.xml"/>

I like a lot of the antContrib stuff, but you do have to make sure it
is installed on all the machines that will use your build.xml file.