ant-user mailing list archives

From "Madunic, Marijan \(RBI-US\)" <marijan.madu...@reedbusiness.com>
Subject RE: newbie help: conditional exec
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 23:29:21 GMT
David,

Thank you. I'll give it a try later when I have a moment. Where can I
download antContrib?

Marijan (Mario) Madunic

-----Original Message-----
From: David Weintraub [mailto:qazwart@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:20 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: newbie help: conditional exec

Two steps:

1). After your test, do an <antcall> to call a new target
2). Us an "if" parameter in that target: For example:

<available file="CVS\cvsArt.xml" property="artAvailable"/>
<antcall target="artAvailable.target"/>

<target name="artAvaliable.target if="artAvailable">

The other solution is to use the antContrib tasks which includes an <if>
task:

<if>
   <available file="CVS/cvsArt.xml"/>
   <then>
    </then>
</if>

I like a lot of the antContrib stuff, but you do have to make sure it
is installed on all the machines that will use your build.xml file.

On 9/11/07, Mario Madunic <hajduk@imag.net> wrote:
> I have the following in my ant task to test for the existence of an
xml file
> after processing
>
> <available file="CSV\csvArt.xml" property="artAvailable" />
>
> What I want to do is run <exec> based on the above property value of
true. I
> can't seem to find a task to do this. Any help will be appreciated.

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com