ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Import build files from a jar?
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 06:46:48 GMT
We thought about extending <import> to get a resource (JAR, URL, ...), but there is one
"problem": a project must have a basedir from where you could do calculate all the paths.
Not really easy - if possible. What is "/"?

So you cant use the bunch of buildfiles from an archive.

But you can extract these files ...
And (I tested this) you can do this in your main buildfile:

imported-buildfiles.zip contains only b.xml:
<project name="B">
    <echo>${ant.project.name}</echo>

    <target name="imported">
        <echo>imported</echo>
    </target>
</project>

build.xml is:
<project>
  <unzip src="imported-buildfiles.zip" dest="."/>
  <import file="b.xml"/>
</project>

$dir
14.09.2007  08:44               102 build.xml
14.09.2007  08:42               192 imported-buildfiles.zip

$ant -p
Buildfile: build.xml
    [unzip] Expanding: C:\TEMP\ant-test\imported-buildfiles.zip into C:\TEMP\ant-test
     [echo] ${ant.project.name}

Main targets:

Other targets:

 B.imported