ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Sorted Fileset
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:06:57 GMT
Classpath is a path and not a fileset (it can contain filesets).
With Ant 1.7 classpath is a kind of resource collection.
RCs are sortable.
With Ant 1.7 most tasks are RC-aware.
Paths can contain RCs.

So you should create your "sorted fileset" via RCs.

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/resources.html#collection
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/resources.html#sort
http://ant.apache.org/manual/using.html#path
  "In addition, one or more Resource Collections can be specified as nested elements
  (these must consist of file-type resources only)."

Also have a look at Ivy for building you classpath.
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/

Jan