ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen Wilkinson" <swilk...@uoguelph.ca>
Subject RE: problems with ant optional tasks
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 12:48:53 GMT
Thanks folks
This is a small part of my job so I don't have the time to keep at it
and there will be delays between seeking information and implementation.

I have spent much time with the documentation, part of the problem is
that I don't really know which optional libraries I need. All I am going
by is the build error I get when trying to build dspace with Ant
regarding "no matching regular expression found" So I grabbed
ant-regexpression and ant-optional.
I gave a quick check with ant 1.7, copied the binaries to usr/share/ant;
Added usr/share/ant/lib to my path; Set ANT_HOME but still no dice.
Hopefully I can squeeze an hour in today to try to trouble shoot it a
bit further.

Thanks again
Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Reilly [mailto:peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com]
Sent: September 26, 2007 12:45 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: problems with ant optional tasks

I would just use ant 1.7.0, download from the the ant site,
this will ignore the jpackage installed ant, if you define
ANT_HOME env variable,

To use optional tasks with the jpackage version of ant requires
placing of the defendant libraries in the right place. This involves
using the associated rpm files.

Peter

On 9/26/07, David Weintraub <qazwart@gmail.com> wrote:
> You may want to look at
> <http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#librarydependencies> which
> tells you the various JAR dependencies for each task. You also need to
> read about each specific ant task too and see what jars are needed.
>
> I haven't used any optional task, but I am using the AntContrib tasks
> and the mail task and those needed extra jar files which I put in the
> "lib" directory under Ant (version 7.0).
>
> I also had to add a "taskdef" task to my build.xml. Wonder if you have
> to do something similar with the optional ant tasks?
>
> On 9/26/07, Stephen  Wilkinson <swilkins@uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> > Hi there and thank you for responding;
> > I downloaded and installed ant-optional-1.6.5-20.3.i586.rpm
> > Which is the closest version I could find to
ant-1.6.5-4jpp.noarch.rpm,
> > it just contained ant-antlr
> >
> > Ant -diagnostics still says optional tasks: not available
> >
> > The install put the ant-antlr jar into /usr/share/java rather than
> > usr/share/ant/lib so I tried copying them there but didn't help.
> >
> > I tried forcing the library with ant -lib /path but same result.
> > Any other suggestions?
> > Thanks again for your time
> > Stephen

Ant