ant-user mailing list archives

From "Barry Pape" <bp...@netspend.com>
Subject RE: ant script just hang when checking out of CVS
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:34:51 GMT
I seem to remember having issues when trying to use passfile and ended
up using ssh keys on the client and server instead.
http://www.sshkeychain.org/mirrors/SSH-with-Keys-HOWTO/SSH-with-Keys-HOW
TO-4.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Theepan. T [mailto:mayatheepan@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 1:03 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: ant script just hang when checking out of CVS

I am writing an ant script to checkout a module from the CVS repository.
have installed cygwin cvs.exe and ssh.exe client. I also have the
following
environmental variables set:

CVSROOT=:ext:username@host:/cvsroot
CVS_RSH=ssh

When I checkout on the command prompt using this command: "cvs checkout
pack_name", it works, but when I tried using an ant script to checkout a
module, it just hangs. I think it is expecting a response from the
server,
but im not sure why this happens. I don't really understand why it just
hangs, Can someone please help me?

This the script I have:
	<target name="cvs-checkout">

	   	<cvspass cvsroot=":ext:username@host:/cvsroot"
	      	passfile=".cvspass"
	      	password="password" />

	   <cvs command="checkout"
	     	cvsRoot=":ext:username@host:/cvsroot"
	     	dest="C:\repo"
	    	passfile=".cvspass"
	     	package="pack_name"
	     	failonerror="yes"/>

	</target>

OUTPUT:
cvs-checkout:
(it just hangs here)

Thanks in advance

Confidentiality Notice!
This electronic transmission and any attached documents or other
writings are confidential and are for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) identified above. This message may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure under applicable law. If the receiver of this
information is not the intended recipient, or the employee, or
agent responsible for delivering the information to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, reading,
dissemination, distribution, copying or storage of this information
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in
error, please notify the sender by return email and delete the
electronic transmission, including all attachments from your
system.