ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Best way to perform this type of conditonal test in ANT
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:44:27 GMT

Hi Eric
If you look athttp://ant.apache.org/manual/tutorial-HelloWorldWithAnt.html

you can use java jar with fork=false (if you dont want to spawn a new JVM)
Does this help?Martin Gainty______________________________________________Disclaimer and confidentiality
noteEverything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of Sender.
within this transmission.> Subject: Best way to perform this type of conditonal test in
ANT> Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:18:13 -0400> From: EWood@llbean.com> To: user@ant.apache.org>
> I want to only call a target ( _pmd ) if the property "pmd.jar" is set. > > <target
name="perform-pmd" if="pmd.jar" >> <runtarget target="_pmd" />> </target>>
> <target name="_pmd"> depends="pmd-init,find-pmd-java-files,modified-java-pmd,new-java-pmd"
/>> > > The problem I have with the code above is that runtarget seems to run
in> its own JVM so properties that are set in there that I need to reference> later
are not available after it runs. Also, if I add the "if" clause> to the _pmd target, the
depends are processed first.> > How do I best handle the conditional execution of a
target without using> either antcall or runtarget?
More photos; more messages; more whatever – Get MORE with Windows Live™ Hotmail®. NOW
with 5GB storage.