ant-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <>
Subject Re: Task to Create Eclipse and IDEA Project Files
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2000 16:05:49 GMT
Good Morning Ian-

the ability to run eclipse projects via the org.eclipse.ant.core plug-in.
Also any library additions fpr accessing native methods must be handled by
the Eclipse plugin library as Ants classloader may not have been gc'ed
before the next invocation of the Ant task

Apparently Eclipse plugin classloader cannot load Ant specific classes or
jars since Ant classes/jars do not have a Eclipse plugin library signature

but.. the reverse is not true as The plug-in contributing the JARs is added
to the Ant classpath

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dees, Ian (GE Healthcare)" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 10:19 AM
Subject: Task to Create Eclipse and IDEA Project Files

Is there an Ant task somewhere that mirrors the maven behavior for creating
Eclipse .project and .classpath along with Intellij .iml and .imr files
based on the dependencies specified pom.xml?

Currently we are using Ant with the Maven plugin so that we can take
advantage of the dependency graph auto-download ability.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message