ant-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Expertise needed-SCM Engineer-Intuit-Mountain View
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 01:01:58 GMT
Chris-

No relo? ..If I remember correctly a House in San jose costs 100k ?

M--

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cox, Chris
  To: user@ant.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 12:59 PM
  Subject: Expertise needed-SCM Engineer-Intuit-Mountain View

  I wanted to check in with the experts to you if any of you might know of folks in your network
I should reach out to for a Staff SCM Engineer. If you know of anyone the short list of requirements
is at the bottom. Thanks in advance for your help J

  Chris Cox

  Candidate Generation Recruiter

  415/681-3665 (direct/fax)

  www.intuit.com/careers

  Control-Click below to find me on...

  If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to our recruiter, Chris
Cox at chris_cox@intuit.com w/ the job title and req. number in the subject line. Please also
apply online to ensure your resume is entered in our database for this position and future
opportunities: http://www.intuit.apply2jobs.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64074

  Company Information:

  For over 20 years, Intuit has been revolutionizing an industry and changing the face of
small business and personal finance. 25 million customers have made our products (TurboTax,
QuickBooks, and Quicken) a household name. Voted the "Most Admired Software Company" by Fortune
Magazine 2007, our innovative environment is the place where creative and talented people
want to work. Intuit is looking to the future as we push for new and ground breaking products
that make people's lives easier. Intuit was founded in 1983 and has annual revenues of over
$2.67 Billion, with 8,000 employees in the United States and around the world. Intuit's revenue's
have grown on average of 20% per year for the last 10 years. WE GET IT!

  Staff SCM Engineer

  Location:  Mountain View, CA

  Req. 64074

  Responsibilities:

  This is an exciting opportunity to be a key contributor on the design and implementation
of a development, build and test infrastructure within the Small Business Division of Intuit
Inc.

  As a part of the SCM team you will work with other SCM engineers, developers, quality engineers,
architects and project managers to help build a comprehensive development, build and test
infrastructure that will support the successful delivery of our product line.

    a.. Works across organizational boundaries to define, develop, and implement comprehensive
software configuration management strategies involving all software environmental components.

    b.. Implement automated change management into build system.
    c.. Tool development to support build and test automation across multiple branches.
    d.. Tools and systems integration to support SCM processes including setting up project
builds and creating new scripts with appropriate controls.
    e.. Source code administration and management.
    f.. Change control and configuration management.
    g.. Codeline integration including developing and supporting branch strategies and merge
strategies.
    h.. Automated build, deployment, and test design and support.
    i.. Troubleshooting build, deployment & test issues along with root cause analysis
and prevention of.
    j.. Support and mature our continuous integration build & test environments.
    k.. Identify opportunities for improvement in our build and test process, especially those
which result in greater automation of the process. Take initiative in proposing and implementing
improvements to the process, procedures, tools used, etc.
    l.. Documentation of build, deploy and test systems and processes.
    m.. Serve as a mentor/consultant to the development and quality teams in the areas of
builds, deploy and test.
    n.. Integration of build metrics for measuring effectiveness of build system and for continuous
improvement.
    o.. Initiates, develops and drives the adoption of SCM process improvements including
documentation and training.

  Requirements:

    a.. BS or MS in Computer Science.
    b.. 5 or more years in development and/or Release Engineering.
    c.. Minimum 3 years of development experience preferably in Java.
    d.. Understand and applies SCM discipline and industry standard best practices.
    e.. Proficient with Maven 2, Ant, XML, Perl and shell scripting.
    f.. Experience integrating build deployment and automated QA tests into the build process.

    g.. Cross platform (Unix, Windows / Java .NET) software development experience a plus.

    h.. Strong Perforce user and administration skills.
    i.. Experience using VMWare and virtualization for establishing environments.
    j.. Experience developing and maturing a distributed parallel development environment.

    k.. Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
    l.. Ability to make and influence decisions using best judgment, peer feedback, etc.
    m.. Self-directed and proactive approach to problem solving to address customer needs.

    n.. Strong communication, presentation and documentation skills.
    o.. Good, proactive attitude with willingness to work up and down the spectrum of SCM
tasks from build breakage troubleshooting to designing tools and scripts to solve complex
SCM needs.
    p.. NET / C# programming experience desired.
    q.. Familiarity with Oracle and SQL databases is a plus desired.
    r.. Working knowledge of Cruise Control, Buildforge is a plus.