ant-user mailing list archives

From Karsten Kousgaard <ks...@inbox.com>
Subject Modify xml based on a configuration file
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:42:26 GMT
Hello

I'm doing my first ANT project, but have faced a problem that I'm not able to solve. I have
a xml file, which I want to change using a dynamic configuration file of some kind. The configuration
file could look like this:
<replace path="an xpath" value="the new value" />
<replace path="an xpath" value="the new value" />
..

That fits perfect together with the external task, xmltask. Now the problem for me is, how
do I parse and iterate the configuration file, to give the correct values to xmltask?

I also thought about using xslt, but I don't know how to do that either. My xslt knowledge
is not good enought for this problem.
Another challenge is that the configuration file could have properties that I would like to
resolve, e.g. <replace path="an xpath" value="${myProperty}" />.
But this is more a nice-to-have than a must-have. Any help about solving this? Thank you very
much