ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Miller" <>
Subject Re: What should be downloaded
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:56:00 GMT
> ??? really? What are the other scenarios (for non-developers)?
> Jan

One example of non programmers using ant are the users of a specialized
solution that I built for document transformation processing that uses ant
as the engine. In my case the users know how to get the inputs together and
have a purpose for the output - but they may not have had any previous need
for ant for traditional 'build' type software development operations. For
the folks that use my solution, it is often the first reason they are
impelled into the ant world.

That's what I love about ant - it's a tool. I came to understand it as a
developer, but use it as a flexible foundation to solve several different
types of problems.