ant-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Wood" <EW...@llbean.com>
Subject Best way to perform this type of conditonal test in ANT
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:18:13 GMT
I want to only call a target ( _pmd ) if the property "pmd.jar" is set.

    <target name="perform-pmd" if="pmd.jar" >
        <runtarget target="_pmd" />
    </target>

    <target name="_pmd"
depends="pmd-init,find-pmd-java-files,modified-java-pmd,new-java-pmd" />

The problem I have with the code above is that runtarget seems to run in
its own JVM so properties that are set in there that I need to reference
later are not available after it runs.  Also, if I add the "if" clause
to the _pmd target, the depends are processed first.

How do I best handle the conditional execution of a target without using
either antcall or runtarget?