ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: Classes directory is having old class file
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:53:42 GMT
Yasothamani wrote:
> Once by rebooting the machine we don't faced the problem, but when the
> cycle continues project 1.x and then project 2.x then the problem coming
> into picture. We are using clearcase and windows box for java compilation.

> *Doubt:* classes directory and it's class files are not part of
> clearcase vob element, so what is concept of file lock.

1. filelocks are an essential part of windows. IF a file is loaded (like
a JAR in a running java app), then you cant delete it overwrite it.

2. Clearcase is an odd filesystem. Sometimes it is quirky

My recommendation: dont build different versions in the same directory,
not once clearcase and windows are involved. Have two vobs, or set up
your build to use a different classes dir on the second build,
preferably a non-clearcase filesystem

ant -Dclasses.dir=C:\\scratch\project1\classes

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/