ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: Classes directory is having old class file
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:09:01 GMT
Yasothamani wrote:
> Is clean build means to delete the classes directory, then we are doing
> that during java compilation. You can see the target clean in the
> attached build.xml where the directory is deleted.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> YASOTHAMANI R
> Objectel Development
> India Comnet International

well, if the classes file isnt being deleted, then that's where the
problem lies

<delete dir="${classes}" quiet="yes"/>

the use of quiet is a warning sign. Why do you not want to know when
deletion fails? That could hide a problem. Why would delete complain
except if a class is in use inside an application server?

And if a class is in use by some program, then javac cant override it,
even if it wants to

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/