ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: filelist task
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:28:55 GMT
sun99 wrote:

> I have list of modules (may vary) to be checked out from cvs  and
> compile each module . how can i loop these activities in ant build.

Dont treat it as a loop. so much as building a set of ant projects. For
which <subant> can be used to call compile on all of them. OF course,
you do have dependencies between them, which makes ordering the stuff
complex. Start with a filelist inside them

<subant target="compile">
  <filelist>
     <file name="main/build.xml" />
     <file name="test/build.xml" />
   </filelist>
<subant>

You can also look at Ivy to build that file list for you, based on
dependencies listed between projects. That's more advanced, but very
powerful.

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/