ant-user mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: adding a fork option to my ant task
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 18:03:51 GMT
Dominique Devienne schrieb:
> On 9/18/07, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org> wrote:
>> Dominique Devienne schrieb:
>>> Actually, no. One of the great advantage of composing a forking <java>
>>> task is that it no longer requires the Ant task itself to depend on
>>> the forked program classes (Groovyc in this case).
>> it mght be free of groovyc, but don't I get just a new dependency, this
>> time for my frontend? And doesn't have the frontend refer to the groovyc
>> classes in some way to setup the classpath for the fork correctly?
>
> No. A classpath is just a collection of dirs and jars. How would that
> require groovyc classes???

the classpath of course not, but the frontend class would require
something.. if not groovyc itself, then another class in the same
package in the same dir/jar

[...]
>>> The task allows to present a nice front-end to specify in a nice Ant
>>> way (using filesets, etc...) what you want to do, package that up into
>>> a long an ugly command line, and fork that away. The Task itself
>>> become Groovyc-dependency free.
>> we have a nice frontend, filesets are supported, the javac task can now
>> be embeeded for joint compilation... which means my frontend will have
>> to simulate the javac part too... :(
>
> Well, yeah, that brings a bit of complication, this javac business.
> Although you handle it now, so forking via Java the Groovyc bit
> doesn't imply doing anything to your composed <javac> class. You have
> access to the front-end tasks config just the same.

which means using reflection to go through all getter, transport the
values via command line and call the setter in the forked JVM?

[...]
>> the current state is:
>>
>> <taskdef
>>     name="groovyc"
>>     classname="org.codehaus.groovy.ant.Groovyc"
>>     classpath="${mainClassesDirectory}"
>> />
>>
>> <groovyc
>>    srcdir="${testSourceDirectory}"
>>    destdir="${testClassesDirectory}"
>>  >
>>    <classpath>
>>      <pathelement path="${testClassesDirectory}"/>
>>    </classpath>
>>    <javac source="1.4" target="1.4" fork="true"/>
>> </groovyc>
>>
>> you see the embedded javac task?
>
> Sure. I don't think it's such a good idea, but I see it.

then how would you do that?

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou