ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: AW: Import build files from a jar?
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:20:19 GMT
Jan:

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I know I can unzip or unjar...

Really, this isn't functionality I need per say...  I had been thinking
of a way to package up my build environment for others to use in
conjunction with Ivy...  As my environment contains a number of reusable
things - such as XML files containing macrodefs - I was hoping to
package it all up into something like a jar file...

I am still learning Ivy so maybe there is a way to use it for all my
files...

Perhaps, with regards to <import> an additional attribute could be
defined?  For instance:

<import resource = "/some/dir/to/jarfile/somejar.jar" path =
"/foo/bar/build.xml"/>

Where the resource attribute specifies a path to the jar file and path
represents the path within the jar file?  Just a thought...

Anyway - I don't specifically need this kind of functionality, I just
thought it'd be neat if there was a way to do it :)

Thanks again!

Scot

Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> We thought about extending <import> to get a resource (JAR, URL, ...), but there
is one "problem": a project must have a basedir from where you could do calculate all the
paths. Not really easy - if possible. What is "/"?