ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sorted Fileset
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:27:11 GMT
Knuplesch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> To create a correct classpath it is sometimes necessary to order the .jar-Files in the
right sequence.
> A fileset does not give the guarantee about the sequence.

no, it doesnt,

> What we have ist a directory with .jar-Files that should be included into the classpath.
> Then I build the classpath by doing a loop using ANTCONTRIB.
>
> Is it possible to adjust the sequence of a fileset?

no, but you can use a filelist instead to explicitly order the list.

Having a program that only works if the classpath order is right is a
bad sign. It means you have duplicate resources or classes, and you are
going to get in trouble later on. Why not use Ant to create new JAR
files that selectively exclude the things you don't want?

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/