ant-user mailing list archives

From David Kramer <dkra...@aptima.com>
Subject Re: AW: New to permissions, how do I just let everything do what I want?
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:52:16 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> 1. How do you invoke Ant?

On the Cygwin xterm command line, as in "ant testDataCompare".

> 2. Can you post the snippet of the buildfile invoking that program?

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
<target name="testDataCompare" depends="build" description="Test the
DataCompare tool">
<java classname="com.aptima.util.StringCorrelationFrame" fork="true">
<classpath refid="classpath.run"/>

<!--
<permissions>
<grant class="java.security.AllPermission"/>
<grant class="java.lang.RuntimePermission" name="accessDeclaredMembers"/>
<grant class="java.util.PropertyPermission" name="awt.appletWarning"
actions="read"/>
<grant class="java.util.PropertyPermission" name="java.home"
actions="read"/>
<grant class="java.lang.RuntimePermission" name="*"/>
<grant class="java.util.PropertyPermission" name="*" actions="read"/>
<grant class="java.util.logging.LoggingPermission" name="*"
actions="control"/>
</permissions>
-->

</java>
</target>
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The commented out block is only a small set of the grants I tried.

I did some more Googling, and found 'fork="true"' as a fix, but I don't
understand how this relates to permissions.  So while it now works, I
still would like to understand why, and how to fix it "the right way".

> 3. What is the java code creating this SecurityException?

It's not so much a particular line of code.  The stack traces mostly
show initializers and calls from within ant itself with "permissions"
somewhere in the class name.

Thanks for your help.

Can I ask a side question?  What does the subject "AW:" mean?

and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.