ant-user mailing list archives

From David Kramer <dkra...@aptima.com>
Subject New to permissions, how do I just let everything do what I want?
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:22:22 GMT
Hi.  I'm somewhat experienced in Java and ant, but I haven't faced this
problem before, and the ant docs aren't helping.  I'm creating an ant
script to run some code written by someone else at my company (they
built it with Eclipse).

I can forward the specific errors I'm getting, but they're all on the
order of "..Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission (foo) was
not granted."  I've never seen errors about java.lang.SecurityException
before.  The only difference I can think of is that this is Swing code,
and everything I've done with Java and ant has been CLI.  Is that possible?

Anyway, I RTFMed, and have been putting grant after grant in the <java>
task, and each time I do, another one pops up.  Googling, I also see
people use "*" for the name, but that doesn't work (apparently) for the
class or the actions.  After a dozen or so attempts, I've found 5 or 6
classes that it's reporting this error for, and I have no idea how many
more errors will pop up.

So how do I say "Let the code do whatever it wants" in GRANT-speek?

PLATFORM DETAILS:
Windows XP
Apache Ant version 1.7.0 compiled on December 13 2006
java version "1.6.0_02"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0_02-b06, mixed mode, sharing)
Running in cygwin xterm window

Thanks in advance.

and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.