ant-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: extract properties from file and corresponding template
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:31:21 GMT
Actually, if you wanted to do it programatically in code and you could
guarantee that each line had no more than one token, you could probably
make it work by creating regular expressions. Here is some pseudocode:

    for each line in the template file
        pull out the token name from the line
        create a regular expression from the line that anchors both ends
and replaces the @token@ with a "(.*)"
        read equivalent line from the resulting file
        run regular expression on line
        if no match
            error out, this file was not generated from the template
        value of token is group 1
        register token name, token value in a Properties object (or
equivalent dict or hash construct)
    write Properties object to disk

So in your example, the regular expression would be "^this (.*) file$"
and the group 1 match would give you "is a sample".

Translated into Java, this could be a custom task. Or it could be done
with some script in an ant build file.

You could even make it work with multiple tokens on a line so long as
enough characters showed up between the tokens that would not also show
up in the substitution values.

Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> No there isnt.
>
> And I think this cant be done:
> If you combine the template with the property values you doesnt have any markers where
a property value starts and where it ends (if your template doesnt provide these). Therefore
you cant parse the resulting file.