ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Ant 1.6.5] Question on "OutOfDate" Usage
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:58:39 GMT
On 9/28/07, Peter Reilly <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote:
>       <xjc schema="${main.dir}/schema/@{xsd}.xsd"
>            destdir="${gen.java}"
>            package="com.COMPANY.presence.xsd.@{package}"
>            extension="yes"
>            >
>         <produces dir="${gen.java}/com/COMPANY/presence/xsd/@{package}"
>                   includes="**/*.java"/>
>       </xjc>

It's a PITA to have to specify the target package each time. I still
prefer my approach to use a mapper to infer the package from the
location of the .xsd in the source tree. Very convenient when you have
many .xsd to compile, and there's no need to touch the build when new
.xsd files are added, so scale well. Plus unless <xjc> has improved,
the dependency checking I was doing was better since recording the
output post-generation in a manifest to accurately trigger the
regeneration even for missing output files. But all this starts to
date quite a bit, now that I don't work with Java and Ant anymore.

In any case, your <ac:outofdate> task was very useful to me Peter,
back in the days, and the builds are still running with it to this
day, long after I passed the baton. Thanks again for it. --DD