ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <>
Subject Re: Editing an XML file using ant
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:44:34 GMT
On 9/20/07, broken connection <> wrote:
> i tried what you suggested but it's not working. I copied the attributes
> from web-app and throwed them in the mime-mapping element in the
> insert.xmlbut they show the namespace in the target
> web.xml in both web-app and mime-mapping element

Doesn't matter. The syntax the specify which namespace an element
belongs to is irrelevent (could be via default namespace, via explicit
namespace, via namespace prefix in scope, or even a different prefix
pointing to the same namespace). What matters is that all elements are
part of the correct namespace.

> Will this be an issue??? Like web-app has a different namespace and
> mime-mapping xmlns="" . Will it not work????

Likely won't work. It's very likely all elements of web-app must
belong to the javaee namespace. I suggest you read up XML namespaces,
and XML in general. --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message