ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: adding a fork option to my ant task
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:24:25 GMT
On 9/18/07, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org> wrote:
> I am currently looking for ways to fork the Groovy compile task Groovyc
> (http://svn.groovy.codehaus.org/browse/groovy/trunk/groovy/groovy-core/src/main/org/codehaus/groovy/ant/Groovyc.java)

MatchingTask is a legacy from the past, it's best to avoid it, and
accept the filesets in your task directly. Not a big deal, but it's
considered better style these days to have explicit named filesets
than a single implement fileset.

> I would like to be able to define a maxmem setting and a fork option,
> like javac does. Is there a simple way to change an ant task to support
> this? I really would like not to have to call the class using the java
> task in my build file. Would be very nice if you can give me some
> pointers. I looked in the javac task a bit, but it's quite big and I
> didn't find the right place.

Use <java> in your code rather than in the build file. It's easy use a
helper task in a task, with the bindToOwner call (not sure of the
name). I've used this technique in the past, and it works well. The
technique does assume you have a command line entry point rich-enough
to specify exactly what you want done entirely on the command line.

--DD