ant-user mailing list archives

From Cyril Sagan <cys...@unx.sas.com>
Subject Query definition of target?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 20:46:04 GMT

Our Ant build logic would be much cleaner if there was a way to
determine if a particular target was overriden.

Does anyone know how to check for the existence/definition of a
specified target name?

Ideally, we'd like to have something like this:

    <condition property="target.exists">
        <istargetdefined name="foo-target" />
    </condition>

I searched all the resouces I know about and I can't find anything, I
thought I'd ask here before I research writing a custom <condition>.

I'd appreciate any advice.  Thanks.

--Cyril

ps.  Yes, I realize that proper OO methodology says that I should never
have to do this, but Ant isn't exactly an object oriented language.