ant-user mailing list archives

From Saladin Sharif <al_zaw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ant script just hang when checking out of CVS [Similar problem wiht cvstagdiff]
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:02:06 GMT

I am actually having a similar problem; when I try to
use the cvstagdiff tag in my ANT script it hangs.

<cvstagdiff
    destfile="${basedir}/temp/tagdiff.xml"
    package="edrs"
    startDate="09/15/2007"
    endDate="09/24/2007"
    failonerror="true"
    quiet="false"
/>

NOTE: my CVSROOT is set as an environment variable as
such

set
CVSROOT=:ssh;username=MyUserName;password=MyPassword;hostname=some.servername.com:/opt/cvs/edrs

I have tried running my ant script in verbose mode; it
gives me the following output before it hangs

cvs:
[cvstagdiff] Executing 'cvs' with arguments:
[cvstagdiff] 'rdiff'
[cvstagdiff] '-s'
[cvstagdiff] '-D'
[cvstagdiff] '09/15/2007'
[cvstagdiff] '-D'
[cvstagdiff] '09/24/2007'
[cvstagdiff] 'edrs'
[cvstagdiff]
[cvstagdiff] The ' characters around the executable
and arguments are
[cvstagdiff] not part of the command.

I've also tried executing the equivalent cvs command
directly from the command prompt, and it works just
fine:

cvs rdiff -s -D 09/15/2007 -D 09/24/2007 edrs

But when I execute the cvstagdiff from my ANT script
it just hangs.

Any ideas on how to get the cvstagdiff to work?

Thanks in advance,

-Saladin

* Saladin Sharif
* e-mail:  al_zawiah@yahoo.com