ant-user mailing list archives

From Anil VVNN <vvnn_a...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Ant 1.6.5] Question on "OutOfDate" Usage
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:44:35 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to use "OutOfDate" task for the following requirement,

There is a XSD directory which has few XSD documents, I want XJC to generate
Java files only if there is any modification to XSD's. I need all the Java
files have to be generated even though only one XSD file is changed.

So, I tried the following approach,

   <outofdate>
      <sourcefiles>
        <fileset dir="${xjc.schemas.dir}" includes="*.xsd"/>
      </sourcefiles>
      <targetfiles>
        <pathelement path="${xjc.java.dir}"/>
      </targetfiles>
      <sequential>
        <antcall target="generate.xjc.java"/>
      </sequential>
    </outofdate>

xjc.schemas.dir - Has all the XSD's
xjc.java.dir - Has all the Java classes
generate.xjc.java - Target to generate Java classes through XJC

But generate.xjc.java is called always (no matter whether there is a change
to XSD's or not).

Any ideas? Thanks.