ant-user mailing list archives

From boomdizzle <amresh_pra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Putting markup in the message of an echo task
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 05:22:06 GMT

Hi,

I want to echo html to a file from an ant script. Obviously, this is not
working

<echo file="${filename}" message="<p>@{latest.error}" append="true"/>

I get the error: The value of attribute "message" associated with an element
type "echo" must not contain the '<' character.

Escaping the '<' with '\' does not seem to work. I know this should be
possible - I'm pretty sure I am not the first one wanting to echo markup to
a file.

Can someone point me to the obvious thing I am missing,

Thanks,
Boom