ant-user mailing list archives

From Prashant Reddy <prash...@pramati.com>
Subject Re: javadoc task does not pick up package-info.java from included filesets
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:11:45 GMT

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 14:37 +0100, Peter Reilly wrote:
> > Shouldn't javadoc task pick this artifact (package-info.java) given
> that
> > this file is meant only for the javadoc tool ? Why should the user
> have
> > to explicitly include it ?
> 1) the fileset is not only used in <javadoc>

I was thinking may be Javadoc task can pick up the package-info.java
while it is processing the input filesets. I am not familiar with
Javadoc task's code, may be this not possible.

> 2) package-info.java is used by other things than javadoc.

Really, Like what other things ? I read that javadoc tool starting JDK
1.5 chose the name package-info.java precisely because it was invalid
and couldn't have existed before.

Thank you for taking time to respond.

-Prashant