ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Stewart" <MStew...@mgtplc.com>
Subject Re: Override ignored for property file
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:56:08 GMT
The override is happening because the property is already defined in an
earlier script. you can either remove the original setting of the
property or do something like:

<project basedir="." default="Compile"
xmlns:ac="antlib:net.sf.antcontrib">

<ac:propertycopy name="build.number" from="jboss.build.number"
override="true" />

Mike S.

>>> I.Emsley@rl.ac.uk 23/08/2007 12:25:29 >>>

Dear Ant Users,

I have inherited a project where I'm trying to get a calendaring
system
(which also uses Ant and Tomcat) to load its applications from
C:\foo\apache-tomcat-5.5.17\webapps. I've set a build file at c:\docs
and settings\userid\foo.build.properties which links to a
foo.properties
and foo.options.xml. These point to the context.xml file in catalina
home\web apps\META-INF\context.xml (I've posted one the lines for the
tomcat context:
org.bedework.app.Events.tomcat.context.xml=/META-INF/context.xml which
is in the project.properties file).

Having started Tomcat using Ant, I noticed that the context file is
not
being copied to the catalina home so I ran ant -d tomcatstart and get
the following error message:
run.init:
override ignored for property org.bedework.user.build.properties
[echo]Load user properties from c:\Documents and
Settings\userid\bedework.build.properties
[property]Loading c:\Documents and
Settings\userid\bedework.build.properties

Override ignored for property org.bedework.config.properties Property
${project.home} has not been set Override ignored for property
tomcat.home Override ignored for property app.name Override ignored
for
property org.bedework.config.options

AFAICS Ant ignoring the overrides so Tomcat loads the incorrect