ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing directory structure in copy
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 19:35:15 GMT
I have the following build.xml:

<project name="test" default="test" basedir=".">
    <target name="test">
        <delete dir="test"/>
        <mkdir dir="test"/>
        <copy todir="test">
            <fileset dir=".">
                <include name="*/db/**"/>
            </fileset>
            <mapper type="glob"
                from="*/db"
                to="dbutil/*"/>
        </copy>
    </target>
</project>

When I run it, the directories are copied and the names of the
directories are modified, but the files under those directories aren't
copied over.

I tried the following (using extra asterisks) in the mapper:

            <mapper type="glob"
                from="*/db/*"
                to="dbutil/*/*"/>

But, then it doesn't copy the directories. Any ideas?

On 8/6/07, David Weintraub <qazwart@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to copy the following directories:
>
>     ../dir1/db/*
>     ../dir2/db/*
>     ../foo/db/*
>     ../bar/db/*

>     dbutil/dir1
>     dbutil/dir2
>     dbutil/foo
>     dbutil/bar
>
> Basically, I want to copy all directories:
>
>     ../*/db
>
> to:
>
>     dbutil/*
>
> I looked at mapper, but it seems to only map file names. Is there a
> way to map directories in Ant without using any "optional" tasks,
> manually listing the directories, or using shell callouts?
>
> --
> David Weintraub
> qazwart@gmail.com

David Weintraub