ant-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java task, classpath problem
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 13:23:57 GMT
The <java> task does strange things with the classloader.
My advice would be to use fork="yes" unless there
is a reason not to.

As regards the exception you are seeing, this is as far
as I can see behaviour as designed.

If one gives a classpath to the <java> task, the classname
*must* be in the classpath, for example:

<path id="empty"/>
<java classname="java.lang.Object" classpathref="empty"/>

-- Could not find java.lang.Object. Make sure you have it in your classpath.

However, there is a bug in ant with regard to the
 com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.* classes.
There are in the rt.jar for java6, and these packages need to be
placed in the JavaEnvUtils.java class. I suspect that your original build file
ran into this bug.

This should be fixed soon, but in the meantime, you should
use fork="yes".

Peter