ant-user mailing list archives

From "Emsley, I \(Iain\)" <I.Ems...@rl.ac.uk>
Subject Override ignored for property file
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:25:29 GMT

Dear Ant Users,

I have inherited a project where I'm trying to get a calendaring system
(which also uses Ant and Tomcat) to load its applications from
C:\foo\apache-tomcat-5.5.17\webapps. I've set a build file at c:\docs
and settings\userid\foo.build.properties which links to a foo.properties
and foo.options.xml. These point to the context.xml file in catalina
home\web apps\META-INF\context.xml (I've posted one the lines for the
tomcat context:
org.bedework.app.Events.tomcat.context.xml=/META-INF/context.xml which
is in the project.properties file).

Having started Tomcat using Ant, I noticed that the context file is not
being copied to the catalina home so I ran ant -d tomcatstart and get
the following error message:
run.init:
override ignored for property org.bedework.user.build.properties
[echo]Load user properties from c:\Documents and
Settings\userid\bedework.build.properties
[property]Loading c:\Documents and
Settings\userid\bedework.build.properties

Override ignored for property org.bedework.config.properties Property
${project.home} has not been set Override ignored for property
tomcat.home Override ignored for property app.name Override ignored for
property org.bedework.config.options

AFAICS Ant ignoring the overrides so Tomcat loads the incorrect context
file since it cannot see it.

I would be very grateful for any pointers as to how I should debug this
so that I can get these files to see the overrides and also learn for
the production installation.

Many thanks in advance,

Iain

Iain Emsley