ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Changing directory structure in copy
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 05:44:28 GMT
A mapper maps file names, thats right.
But a "file name" in Java is the complete path...

The mapper gets the complete path to the file and you could apply the renaming, e.g. using
a <globmapper>.
Otherwise the <package>/<unpackage> mappers wouldnt make sence, right? ;-)

Problem could occur with your ".." in your source layout... as ".." is not part of a file-path.

<property name="from.dir" location=".."/>      !! location is resolved to the actual
path ;)
<property name="to.dir" location="dbutil"/>
<copy>
    <fileset dir="${from.dir}" ... />
    <globmapper from="${from.dir}/*/db" to="${to.dir}"/>

not tested ...

Not sure if running in -debug mode would show the mapping (I think not :-( ).
For testing (without really copying) you could try <pathconvert> (just replace <copy>
by <pathconvert>...)

Jan