ant-user mailing list archives

From "Moore, Kent" <Kent.Mo...@fnis.com>
Subject RE: Using ANT via Remote Desktop
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 18:37:45 GMT
Every other product works.

I worked with a third person and found they did not have the problem.

So I started looking into differences in the machines.

After a little poking around I determined the difference was the two machines where it wasn't
working had an environment variable (ANT_OPTS=-Xmx1200m) set by default whereas the guy who
could run ANT scripts via Remote Desktop did not have the variable set.

When I unset ANT_OPTS (and when I lowered the value) I was able to run ANT commands remotely.

There was some reason I changed the value from 1000 to 1200 recently, and in retrospect that
lines up pretty well with when I started having the problem remotely.  Amazing how that works!

I still do not understand why it is a problem remotely but not when I am in front of the machine,
but at least I now know what the difference is!

SKent