ant-user mailing list archives

From "Atsuhiko Yamanaka" <atsuhiko.yaman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SCP Task & umask
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 02:00:08 GMT
Hi,

2007/8/31, Anderson, Rob (Global Trade) <Rob.Anderson@nike.com>:
> The default umask is determined by the ssh server. I think it is set at
> compile time. Same with $PATH. Your .bashrc is not read when you use
> scp. You should see the same results when using scp on the command line.

I have not tried it by myself yet, but it seems scp1 protocol allows
us to choose
the umask in sending files and creating directories.

In the class,
  org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ssh.ScpToMessage
the method 'sendFileToRemote' has explicitly chosen '0644'.

As for the scp by sftp protocol, we will be able to use sftp's 'chmod'
after uploading
files.