ant-user mailing list archives

From Qazwart <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use ant in web application without system path setup under linux
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:58:51 GMT
I'm not sure why you cannot simply install Ant as a complete package.
I haven't used CentOS, but I know Ant installs with no problems on
Redhat. And, you can install Ant completely local to your $HOME
directory.

The Ant binary distribution runs under any system that has JDK 1.4 or
greater installed (and probably even works under JDK 1.3). You don't
need administrative or root permission to install Ant either since it
can reside in any directory, and if installed under Windows, does not
need access to the registry.

So, why not just install all of Ant?

On Aug 12, 2007, at 7:53 AM, 贾昊林/Albert Jia wrote:

> hi,
>
> I want to use ant in my web application,but I do not have ant
> installed in my OS(centOS5).
>
> So,I copy ant.jar,ant-launcher.jar and ant-junit.jar to /app/
> devlib,then write a shell like below to run ant tasks
> code:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> export APP_HOME=/home/saharabear/workspace/jpetstore
> export BUILD_CP=${CLASSPATH}
> export BUILD_CP=${BUILD_CP}:${JAVA_HOME}/lib/tools.jar;
> export BUILD_CP=${BUILD_CP}:${APP_HOME}/devlib/ant.jar;
> export BUILD_CP=${BUILD_CP}:${APP_HOME}/devlib/ant-junit.jar;
> export BUILD_CP=${BUILD_CP}:${APP_HOME}/devlib/ant-launcher.jar;
> export BUILD_CP=${BUILD_CP}:${APP_HOME}/devlib/junit.jar;
> ${JAVA_HOME}/bin/java -classpath "${BUILD_CP}"
> org.apache.tools.ant.Main -buildfile build.xml
>

> but I got error like:
> code:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/
> apache/tools/launch/Launcher
>

> I am not sure the syntax is right or not, and I didn't find
> anything useful from Google.
>
> So, I do not know how to use it now, I need help here ,Thanks.

David Weintraub
david@weintraub.name
qazwart@gmail.com