ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <>
Subject Re: path & fileset question
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 16:44:15 GMT

--- Krzysztof Kucybała <> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a big problem. I'm trying to have ant run
> phpunit and phpunit2
> tests. To achieve that I'm using an exec task. It
> was running smoothly
> until I tried to execute multiple files which were
> not known at design
> time - the contents of a directory for tests. When I
> used a fileset to
> determine the necessary files to execute, I would
> get them with their
> whole absolute paths. Maybe this would be ok in
> other circumstances, but
> in my case that's not really so good.
> When I now execute my phpunit tests on that file, it
> says it can't find
> the class by the name "<<and here comes the whole
> path instead of just
> the file name>>". Does anyone know of any reasonable
> solution to this? I
> don't want to list the files by hand, as I'd have to
> change the file
> everytime someone adds a new test.

Are you using <apply> to do this, or what?  If so,
there is a 'relative' attribute that could help you.
Beyond that you can look into solutions that use
filename mappers, or use a scripting language (or Java
for that matter) to work against Ant's API; a
DirectoryScanner, when used "legacy-style," will give
you matching files as paths relative to a fileset's

> Best regards,
> Krzysztof
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message